Volunteer Code of Conduct
Prior to applying as a volunteer, it's important for you to know what you're signing up for!
As volunteer for the Ottawa Jazz Festival, I agree to the following:
- I will be a responsible ambassador for the Festival and represent the Festival in a positive way;
- I will be respectful of festival goers;
- I will work with other volunteers, performers, and staff in a positive manner;
- I will fulfill all volunteer responsibilities (i.e., the tasks assigned of me & the minimum time commitment required);
- I will maintain confidentiality with respect to all Ottawa Jazz Festival information and records
- I will not record any festival performances (audio/video);
- I will not reserve seating in any of the audience areas until after the gate opens;
- I will leave my pets at home;
- I acknowledge my position of trust and will not use for my own advantage any money, information, or properties belonging to the Festival, its sponsors, artists, or vendors;
- I understand that if I consume alcohol while off duty, I am expected to drink responsibly and ensure that any clothing or credentials which identify me as a volunteer be removed;
The Ottawa Jazz Festival has the right to immediately dismiss me as a volunteer for any of the following reasons:
- If I display inappropriate behaviour or negative attitude;
- If I commit illegal, violent or unsafe acts;
- If I attempt to bring alcohol onto the site;
- If I use or possess illegal substances on site; or
- If I consume or am under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on duty.
Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary procedures or immediate loss of your volunteer standing for the current and future years.